ECO-FLO_ERV_Application_GuideThe ECO-FLO Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) is the all-in-one ventilation solution for new construction and renovation projects. This compact unit is capable of exhausting stale indoor air and supplying fresh filtered air from outside. The ERV core extracts thermal energy from the exhausted air and uses it to either pre-heat or pre-cool the incoming supply air (depending on the season). The ECO-FLO ERV has the added benefit of indoor humidity control, making it ideal for use in both living and working environments.
• Extracts stale indoor air
• Recovers thermal energy from extracted air
• Supplies fresh, pre-treated air
• Maintains a comfortable humidity setting
• Moisture damage prevention
• Lowers heating and cooling costs throughout the year
• Low energy demand (5.61 W)
• Quiet operation (as low as 0.2 SONES)
• Multifunctional wireless remote control
• Plug-&-Play installation
• Air purification (MERV 6)
• Rated for continuous operation
An HRV is designed to supply fresh air to a home, and exhaust stale air from the home. The core of an HRV stores heat from the stale exhaust air in winter, and pre-heats the incoming supply air. In the summer, the core is effectively chilled by the exhausted air, and it pre-cools the incoming supply air.
– Suitable in colder climates where there is excess humidity during the heating season.
An ERV does everything that an HRV does. In addition, an ERV allows some of the moisture in the more humid air stream to be transferred to the air stream that is dryer. This limits the amount of moisture that is expelled in the winter and that enters during the summer.
– Suitable for colder climates with no excess humidity during the heating season, as well as for warmer climates with high outdoor humidity in the cooling season.
The criteria to be considered when designing a ventilation network are regional climate and square footage of the building. The climate is the deciding factor whether an ERV or an HRV will be more effective, while the square footage determines how many ventilators will be required.
A single ECO-FLO ERV can ventilate rooms up to 343 square feet. The fan speed and humidity settings allow for personalized control of each individual room. This makes an ERV suitable for both living and working environments.
Multiple ventilators can operate independently of each other, or they can be wired for synchronous operation.
Ventilators undergoing synchronous operation can be programmed to operate in unison (the same mode) or in complementary modes (supply and extract). It is recommended that paired units be used to ensure balanced ventilation.
Multiple ECO-FLO ventilators can provide an easy, cost-effective solution for larger buildings undergoing construction or renovation. When arranging a ventilation network, install one unit in each room. For larger rooms, install two or more ventilators. Air flows from one room to another through doors, openings, or hallways, and ensures constant circulation.
|One ECO-FLO Unit||Synchronous Pair||Multiple Units|
|Maximum Ventilation||343 square feet||686 square feet||Entire home or
• Shutter is open; fan does not run.
• Air flows freely through the ventilator and is purified by filters.
• Ventilator continuously draws in fresh air from outside.
• Air is purified by the filters.
• Ventilator operates in permanent supply or extract mode.
• Synchronized units can provide balanced ventilation.
• Ventilator alternates between supply and exhaust operation every 70 seconds.
• Thermal energy is recovered, and the humidity setting is maintained.
Warm stale air is extracted from the room. It heats and moisturizes the ERV core, transferring up to 90% of the thermal energy. In 70 seconds, the ventilator switches to supply mode.
Fresh outside air flows through the ventilator, absorbing the accumulated moisture and thermal energy in the ERV core and supplying warmed air into the room. In 70 seconds, the ventilator switches back to extraction mode.
AIR TEMP. (F)
|ECO-FLO||RA1-50-2||90%||From -4 |
up to 122
Download a PDF copy of the ECO-FLO Application Guide to learn more about the ERV.
1-800-779-4021 | firstname.lastname@example.org