Dryer Booster Fan Kit w/ Pressure Switch
The DVK Dryer Booster Fan Kit with Pressure Switch is designed to be mounted in the duct between the fan and the dryer. When the pressure switch senses dryer airflow, the switch activates the DVK booster fan.
The DVK100B-P Dryer Booster Fan Kit includes a DVK100B fan and a PST120V pressure switch. The PST120V is an airflow proving switch. It initiates the booster fan when it senses positive air pressure from an operating dryer. The pressure switch has an integral timer with a 10 minute ON 15 second OFF cycle, enabling the fan to restart as long as the dryer is operating. The DVK fan features a quiet and efficient backward curved impeller that is capable of overcoming long duct runs, and an in-line configuration that simplifies installation.
DVK fans are designed to enhance the drying efficiency of residential, commercial, and industrial clothes dryers.
Features & Benefits of a Dryer Booster Fan Kit
- Boost dryer exhaust efficiency, reduce drying times, and deliver cost savings
- External rotor motor design for quiet and efficient operation
- Backward-curved centrifugal impeller to over come long duct runs
- In-line construction to reduce lint build-up
- Heavy gauge, drawn steel housing with baked epoxy finish
- High temperature construction: 60 C/140 F
- Thermal overload protection
- Automatic reset
- Five year warranty
- Integral recycling delay timer; 10 min ON, 15 sec OFF
- Operating temperature -40 to 180 F (-40.0 to 82.2 C)
- 120V input
- Fixed to operate on 0.05″+/-0.02″ w.c. pressure rise
- 1/4″ connector with flexible tubing and sampling probe
- UL, CSA
To complete an installation, consider Continetnal Fan’s wide variety of fan accessories, controls, and grilles.
Airflow Performance (cfm)
|MODEL||0" SP||0.2" SP||0.4" SP||0.6" SP||0.8" SP||1.0" SP||1.2" SP||1.5" SP
- Select the Charts / Diagrams tab below
Visit CFM Select to utilize Continental Fan’s state-of-the-art fan selection and quotation platform.
Helpful Tips for a Dryer Booster Fan Kit
- Mount the DVK fan at least fifteen linear feet from the clothes dryer.
- Each 90-degree elbow is equivalent to five linear feet of duct.
- DVK fans are designed to vent up to 100 feet of 4-inch rigid duct.
- Rigid duct is recommended to optimize the fans performance. If using flex duct, stretch it as smooth as possible. (Always consult local codes before selecting a duct type.)
- For duct runs in unheated spaces, Continental Fan recommends insulated duct to reduce the effects of condensation.
- An LT100 lint trap may be installed between the dryer and the booster fan to reduce lint build-up and maintenance on the fan.
- Continental Fan does not recommend wiring a dryer booster fan directly into a clothes dryer.
DVK Fans are available in three activation methods:
Continental Fan does not recommend wiring a dryer booster fan directly into a clothes dryer. For this reason, booster fan kits are available with our recommended activation methods. If the pressure switch kit doesn’t suit your application, consider one of our other activation methods.